Great Question....! Before we can answer that we need to talk about the steps needed to optimize a single page on your website (let's start with the homepage).
- Create content that addresses your target audience and do it better than your BEST competitor.
- Does your page have more content than your competitors page?
- Find out by typing the "target keyword" into google.
- Look at the top 5 results and make sure your content is better, and you have more content than the best competitor.
- Make sure that the anchor text to the page is the keyword you're targeting and not "click here".
- Make sure that you only link from other pages on your site that are relevant. You don't need to have all your links pointing to all the other links on your site.
SO, How long did that take to make your website optimized or SEO friendly? If you're experienced, and this isn't your first page to optimize, here's about how long it will take.
- Competitor Research Phase: 20-25 minutes
- Writing Content: 90-120 minutes
- Work on Keyword Density and title tags: 10-15 minutes
- Work on your Description Copy: 15-20 minutes
- Linking to other pages internally: 20-30 minutes
- External Link Building (off-site seo): 150 minutes
Total Time: 305 minutes (5 hours) - 360 minutes (6 hours) Per Page.
So how long does it take for a whole website? 5-6 hours per page x _____ (How many pages on your website.
Remington is the Lead Designer and Marketing Strategist for Impulse Creative, An Internet Marketing Agency in Fort Myers, Florida. You can connect with him using the following social networks: Google+, Twitter, Linked In & Facebook